Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The ball is rolling

Ok the ball is rolling! My doctor says to me that when the ball comes towards you, then you bat. So its time I start batting. (never been good at sport)

I am booked to go for my MRI, CT and mask construction on Thursday. I will post pictures of the scans. I am quite curious to see what is there. The doctor says I mustn't be disappointed, there will still be alot of swelling and it looks like there is still tumour left. He will explain this to me when I see him. The whole process will take about 3 hours.

The doctors then build the target areas on the mask using the MRI and CT scans. (very layman explanation) This takes a few days..
I am not sure when I will start chemo & radiation, I think as early as next week. Well my feelings on this is that I have to get it done now. I am scared. To be honest, I really don't want to have to go through this. The radiation will burn my head in the area where they radiate (like a sunburn.) So I will have to protect it from sun etc.
Well will keep you posted... I am very excited and nervous about the exhibition tomorrow.
d:)

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP