Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Waiting

I haven't written in my blog for 2 days ... I just don't know what to say. I am just sitting here waiting for some news. Life carries on...
You will all be happy to know that I have been eating up a storm. Hoping, of course, that I will loose it again once treatment starts! James says he doesn't mind "chubby whubby" How nice - I could smack him or course.

Yesterday I had to admit that I have cancer. Don't we all hate that word? It must be on the top ten. Thinking about it is so scary. Even though my tumour is benign, by virtue of it being in the brain, they have to treat it as such. It still invades healthy tissue because it has nowhere to go. It can, of course, turn malignant and then invades at a very high rate

I am so excited about my art. I went for life drawing last night and I suck. (I am NOT joking) I think wild is more my style. James refers to it as "steroids".
People ask me if I think the tumour has brought out the right "creative" side of my brain - I have no idea. The left still seems to be working? It is nice to think that is has had some benefits!
Yesterday I was on the radio and newspaper - seems like I am a short haired celebrity. People love a story. I have been so happy that people, going through similar experiences, have benefited from my site. I have had a few people speak, call or email. It makes me feel great and make it worthwhile. It makes me feel less isolated.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP