Sunday, November 2, 2008

Egypt?

At the beginning of the year, I booked a trip to Egypt and Dubai. It included full tour for 7 days. I have paid half of it. So ANYWAY I went to the travel agent to cancel. She suggested that I ask my doctor for a medical certificate, saying I can't travel ,so that I can get a full refund. When we asked the doctor, he said I CAN travel while taking my chemo pills.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the thought of being tired and sick while climbing the pyramids, ws not exactly what I planned. So then we got to thinking, could we maybe go anyway? The trip is booked for 3 weeks time. The doctors have delayed the treatment for 5 weeks since they told me. They are doing the treatment over the tumour's margin anyway. Also I only seem to have low grade cells left. They seemed to have got out about 95% high grade. Any high grade that there might be is around the edge and can be removed.

This means I will start treatment 31/2 weeks later?... What do you think? I will ask the doctor for his advice. Personally I don't think it will make a huge difference waiting.This will give time for my scar to heal before they radiate that area... I will be sick for 6 months after radiation... So much to decide. James is keen that we go, he says we need to take our mind off all the pressure this year.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP