Saturday, January 24, 2009

Would you like Chemo with that?


Wow I can't believe it is so long since I blogged! I couldn't believe it, Wednesday I woke up feeling great and I have been able to get quite a bit done this week. I even "worked" on Friday!


Oh and I got a wig... I feel great wearing it and James says it makes me look like I am in my 20's - ! I am actually getting a few so that I can wear depending on my mood! My hair is falling out in patches so on one site I have practically nothing and the other side is normal.


I went to a ladies workshop called Look Good Feel Good on Thursday. Usually I don't like "hype" but it was great having a lot of women going through similar experiences having a bit of time out. The first thing was that everyone pulled of wigs or beanies or bandanas. Free gifts were included which was a nice bonus. I knew 2 of them and I was surprised how young alot of us are. I have a suspicion that pregnancy really affects a woman's body.


I am amazed how much they look after us in oncology. The nurses are very attentive and there are many support groups. I think that I am probably still in a bit of denial about needing anything!


Well have a good weekend - I am so glad, no radiation this weekend and only 3 weeks to go. I will leopard crawl along

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee
Kept looking daily and wondered why you were so quiet! To your last statement, perhaps Leo would say.. 'that's nice, Mommy!'
Perhaps you should tell us about the mime tin and how rich granddad is?!
Love Mom

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP