Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moms

Yesterday, I said to my Mom that I want to retire from being a mother. What hard work. You are busy with kids all the time. It does take it out of you. Obviously I wouldn't change having kids for the world, but a break would do me good. I think of all the moms sitting (and alot of dads) with their kids, in hospitals, with devotion.

My friend has just had a had a premature baby and it is distressing to know that he is in an incubator. We all feel the pain our children go through and want to take it away. It doesn't matter how old they get. We want the best for our children in all aspects of their life and sacrifice alot of our own. I think we become tough when we become moms. (must be child birth!)

I want to thank my Mom, I know this hasn't been easy for her. She has been supportive every step of the way, with nothing in return. She hasn't asked me for anything. I have not been able to give much back, I feel that she gives me much more than I deserve.

So congratulations if you are a mom. The world has become a better place for it.

2 comments:

Sandra_B_germany said...

Your mom is the best and you are her daughter - you deserve as much as a mother is able to give her child! Every child deserves the love of their mother. I know your mom has prayed for you the most of all of us. Being a mother means also being there for your children. You have given your mom also so much - and I know she knows it. You maybe just think that you haven't given her enough...but that's not true. Your mom's love for her children is inexhaustible. And this is good!

Love to you both.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sandra expressed some of my views, Dee. Just thinking you dont deserve something is a reflection of your underviewing your worth and contribution.You have given me so much. No mother could be more blessed.
And Sandra your perspective of our family, as one of our family, is spot on.
Love you both, Mom

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP