Thursday, March 19, 2009

Catch up

Sorry for taking long to write, the weeks just seem to fly by. After alot of rest on Monday and Tuesday, I am feeling back to normal. I have been told by many people I must carry on with the chemo and I think that for mine and my family sake I should. As much as I don't want to.

The exhibition was alot of fun. My work is off the wall compared to most! The professor said to me that it was the most refreshing work at the exhibition. Nice compliment (I think) I don't think it is the best I have ever done but I am happy with it. I am going to try some new things with my next one. We went to have supper and movie afterwards. Nice to do some adult stuff!

When the professor gave the opening speech, he mentioned something which I found quite inspirational. He said that the artist can do their work out of 'fear or courage' This means basically (in my understanding) that you can do what you know others will like and find acceptable or that you can take the risk and do what you feel you should do. Meaning be creative and do the unexpected.

I found that this is true in most things. We are put on this earth to be different. Its what makes life interesting. (Unlike "Windows" )To be true to ourselves we need courage. I am very lucky to have a husband and family that will motivate and encourage me take the risk. None of us know what is going to happen in our lives or when. It is good to have the courage to go with your heart and live your life. I think Oprah calls it "Authentic" So I remind myself all the time that I want a long life. I need courage to go forward to "live my life " No matter what it takes to get there. The last 7 months has been hard, but its downhill from here. (stop complaining Deirdre!)

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP