Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not a good start

Well not a great start. I took the chemo pills at 9pm. By 1pm my stomach started shouting and I ended up hanging my head over the toilet in a far too intimate way. I do think that I probably shouldn't have had the host of vitamin pills I usually have before bed. I don't think the two liked each other at all.

Lessons learnt:
- Don't have a bunch of vitamin pills with chemo tablets. My grandfather says that he swallows all of his vitamins at a time and lets them fight for superiority. Unfortunately for me, my stomach lost the fight
- Don't get up.
- Don't take chemo tablets
- Don't get a brain tumour

When I woke up I felt fine. It took me a while to get out of bed but that didn't bother me at all! We'll see how tonight goes - I am hoping better. I have to admit the temptation to "throw out the pill" is seriously strong. But then again I suppose anyone who has to go through chemo has to dig really deep. I am just grateful that it isn't IV.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Shoot, shoot, shoot – I was so hoping that you would be fine on the Chemo.
Hopefully it was just the interaction with the vitamins and from now on your body will tolerate the meds.

Things will improve - if I remember my Afrikaans "Vasbyt".

Lots of love,
Bar

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP