Monday, March 9, 2009

So I start again

Today is Monday! Poor Leo didn't have a good night. He ended up getting sick all over our bed. So today, we are both going to head down to the hospital to see the doctor. He has been so sweet and loving this week, its when I really enjoy being a mom.

So today is the day when it all starts again. The next round of chemo. Neither James nor I want to do this, but we also don't want to look back and say "I should have" Someone I haven't spoken to for a long time, said how shocked they were when they saw my photo on facebook. I suppose that I have been so busy with this that I haven't really noticed the incredible different in 1 year. I said to James that I just really need to get back to 'normal' now.

Meanwhile I will keep looking up things on the internet. There seems to be a very successful treatment that has been developed in the US. It is called a DCVax. In extreme laymans terms, they use your own immune cells to fight the tumour cells. They take your cells, they go through a process of "education" where your cells can target cancer cells and insert it back into your body. Its like taking a flu shot. It just shows, we can even train our own bodies to fight for us. If you want more info go to :http://www.nwbio.com/

Love to all

1 comment:

Barb said...

So how did your first day go? I sure hope you are not feeling any side effets.

Do hope Leo is feeling better - nothing worse than a sick little one when you are not feeling well yourself.

Gosh Dee, you are quite the internet researcher - DCVax sounds amazing. I had never heard of it before. Next time I need research done I am calling you!

Take care and lots of love,
Bar

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP