Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Still sick

It really sucks to have flu on top of chemo. I went to the pharmacy to ask what I could take and they said nothing, I should go see a doctor. Well I called my doctor and he said I can have the normal flu stuff. Thank goodness because I avoid the GP at all costs. The long queues and the vague answers are too frustrating. I prefer to look on Google.

I should be in bed but I am SO tired of staying in the house that I have to keep myself busy. It doesn't last long. James moaned at me last night saying that I need to accept that I am sick and build up my strength. I am just not sure how to do that.

I am scared of what the future holds. I was watching a programme yesterday on how some people live to over 100 years old. I realised I could have done more towards reducing my stress and keeping fit and healthy. Hindsight is a terrible thing. I think anyone who gets cancer, it must come as a great shock. How and why did our bodies do this...

Some people seem to carry on as usual with chemo and I don't find that easy to do. I have a goal - that is to get my body strong again. Do some exercise and build up muscle. Of course this will have to happen after chemo.

James' cousin came for a visit yesterday, it was nice to catch up. It keeps your mind off the realities a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of us can only guess what you are going through, Dee. Just having flu and feeling bodily and mentally weak and miserable is more than enough. I do agree you need to rest and I can understand that must be very frustrating.
We agree with your goal... healthy, good quality of life, life even if it means living to 100!

Sandra_B said...

...I just cried while reading your latest comment...it's just not fair...

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP