Thursday, April 16, 2009

Toxicity

The second half of this week has been good. Last night I went out for supper with friends, tonight friends came with supper and tomorrow we are going out again with more friends. It is good to catch up you guys.

Next week it is back to chemo. I have decided that I will not take a tablet until I have had a toxicity test. This is because I have been on anti seizure medication for 3 years and they have never checked my toxicity levels. Basically your levels build up over the years. Adding chemo to the mix puts alot of presure on the liver. If my toxicity levels are too high, it causes symptoms like dizziness, fainting etc - almost like having some sort of seizure. I have been a bit worried because I seem to have this, but then it could just be the flu... I would rather be safe.

Of course I am not sure if my doctor will listen! I don't want to complain all the time, it is just not someone I like. I have admitted defeat when it comes to doing the chemo - BUT it doesn't mean I want to do it. Call me a wild horse if you want!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP