Monday, May 4, 2009

Married again

Well I have to say, that as far as treatment goes, last week was a good week. I didn't get sick, I managed to avoid the flu, I didn't get too tired and I even managed to go out to party!

The real problem I am having is dealing with are the effects of the Zofran. The stuff is like casting concrete. Anyway it will come right and I have at least a few weeks to get it settled. (To then start the whole fun process again) I am going to see if there is some sort of alternative. I only used half a tablet a night during the last 2 days of treatment .

Anyway, my "live it up" motto continues. We went to Cheryl's party on Saturday night at one of the local clubs. The theme was "Suits & Satin" The only satin I have is my wedding dress, so James & I went in our wedding outfits! It was quite a lot of fun. I introduced by saying "This is my husband" (duh) Luckily my dress is not a meringue, so it can pass for cocktail. The dress is a little too big for me now ... the no exercise I think! I haven't got a picture from the weekend yet, but I will put one up from our wedding day, in the meantime, so you can see the dress. When I get the pics, we can compare them...





I can't believe how much has happened in the 5 years since that day...

  • James became a husband and dad of 2... and then Leo (who is 3 years old already).
  • The older kids look so young and tiny. James adopted them, Anastasia is in High School now and looks alot like me!
  • I started consulting independently (so I could work a bit at home from when Leo was born)
  • I travelled around South Africa for 3 years on work (while pregnant)
  • James got to design his own home which we built. (while living in it) We really stretched ourselves.
  • We have gone overseas and visited 5 countries (plus local holidays)
  • I started painting
  • James has had big changes in his business.
  • We bought land out at Lake View, which my folks have already moved onto, that James is developing into an estate.
  • James is trying his hand at wine making
  • And of course ... I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

I still love James as I did that day. I don't know how I would have coped if he wasn't around. I look back at what we have gone through and achieved as a couple. I have to thank God for bringing him into my life! I am so grateful that I don't have to journey through life on my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful record of lives that are such a testimony to all of us. Adam was so happy on your wedding day! And he has gone from strength to strength! Ana is beautiful and Leo is edible! Little gorgeous monster! What a lot of blessings rolled up in your union. James is above special and we love him to bits. HE is our family now! No debate. You continue to inspire so many of us... love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Your Mum says it all - how far you have come as a family - you can all be justifiably proud of your achievements.
Love
Dav

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP