Thursday, May 14, 2009

Decide to live

Today was a success. It turned out far better than we thought. The main meeting is tomorrow, today was more of a scouting operation. My mom has been doing alot of praying and we have had many answered prayers. I have always believed that God has a plan for us and we need to trust where he is leading us.

Today I met up with a colleague that is having a cancer scare. Others are having serious health /emotional challenges. I realised that we all have issues to deal with. Before I just didn't notice them. Now I know it is what makes us human. It is not our perfections that define us, but our imperfections. People need to connect, but most of us are too scared to let others know our struggles. We think we won't fit in if we have faults. We want to look and act airbrushed - like what we see in the magazines.

Alot of young people are getting sick. Our jobs are stressful. We haven't been taught how to manage it. Men seem to, on average, manage stress a bit better than women. So many women are denying that they are females. Women's bodies work differently. We cant shut down as men can. This is not to say that men don't stress! I have always tried to balance my life. I don't, however, balance in my work. I need to look and balancing my day while at work. This means that if I am not coping, I must listen to my body. Slow down and accept adversity. We all have talents. I believe we should use them, just don't kill ourselves in the process!

I read a book "Veronica decides to die" Basically she decides to kill herself. When she survives, she is sent to a mental institution. There the doctor tells her she has a terminal illness. Hearing that, she escapes with a boyfriend to live it up in her last days. The doctor lied, he gave her a purpose to live. Dying is going to happen. Lets not wait until it gets close before we decide to live.

Very "deep" today!

3 comments:

Camilla said...

Your blog hit the spot with me today. Tomorrow we are going to the funeral of one of my best friends. Andrew died on 1st May - massive heart attack aged just 44. The stress of being redundant for the last 7 mths brought on health problems and ultimately killed him. It is a real tragedy. Alison is heartbroken and he leaves two young children behind. They are going to miss out on a great father. He was an inspiration to all of us. Can't get used to the fact that Andrew has gone. I don't generally "do" funerals - Granny and Grandpa's are the only two I have been to so this will be the 3rd. I am starting to feel 40 now. I didn't think we would be holding friends hands while they bury husbands for at least another 2o years. I am fully committed to living life to the full each day now. Lots of love to all of you in PE. CJxxxx

Deirdre Kohler said...

Good to hear from you Camilla. Sorry to hear about your friend. It is very sad. I always feel for those left behind. The pain is there alive for them. I don't like funerals, my bladder runs through my eyes.

Thinking of you during this time - James sends love.

Barb said...

Wow - so profound and very insightful. I could not agree with you more - we only have this one life to live so lets make it count. You have been a shining example of that.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason; we might not know the reason for years to come, but Gods plan is perfect and we must have faith at all times.

Hope the big meeting goes well today.

Lots of love.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP