Monday, May 25, 2009

New wig

I actually don't have much to write about today... The weekend was crazy busy as usual. Kids sports keep us on our toes. We also spent time catching up with our brothers and aunts.

Anyhow, I was supposed to start my chemo today again, but because of the party this weekend I will only start next week. I honestly can't say that I am upset about it! But I still have to do the good old blood tests and doctor visits tomorrow. I am feeling like a lab monkey who has lost a bit of fight. Although I do rattle the cage a bit now and then. I am one month short of being on treatment for a year. It is terrible. James looked at me last night and he said "You are tired now, you have done well, just a bit more" He could see that it was getting to me a bit. I said to him that he will probably say that to me forever.

I want to carry on now as close to normal as possible and I think I have done well. I have a month gym membership with I will start 2nd week June. Don't worry, I have no intentions of looking like Rambo. I need a bit of yoga / pilaties. Hopefully going will motivate me to do exercise!

Anyhow, I have ordered a new wig. It should come in about 2 - 3 weeks time. Here is the pic they showed me - lets see if it is how I will end up looking! Its the closest I have to my previous hair style. My current wig is still great - but I need a new hair style - throw in some blond already! The wig feels SO normal - I forget I am wearing it. AND what an easy way to manage hair. - Just put it on. I think I will use it for a while...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Wig looks great and they say a change is as good as a holiday. You packed so many holidays into 2007 and 2008, I guess this is the year of the wigs!
Looking forward to the party.
Have a great week RESTING... find some good books.
Love
Mom

Barb said...

Guarantee you will look better in that wig than the model and blonde is a must - always lifts the spirits.

Sounds like you had a crazy, but fun weekend. You guys sure know how to pack in a lot.

Long weekend here - Memorial Day (official start of summer), but it has rained the whole time. Kids went away for the weekend so it has just been Roche and I rattling around the house.

I admire you going to the gym - I have tried on may occassions and failed. Just not for me!

Enjoy the week ahead.

Lots of love,
Bar

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP