Friday, June 5, 2009

Chemo tablets arrive

Well my chemo tablets arrived today. Apparently they had to be couriered from the US. There seems to be some sort of political thing going on with some pharmaceutical companies on strike. Anyway they are here now and Dr Dupper said I can start on Sunday evening.

Yesterday I called Dr Butler (neurologist) to discuss a few things. I asked him when I could have a scan and he said I could have one in July as the chemo doesn't really cause swelling. I asked him about being on chemo when I have a low grade tumour and he recommended that I do the full treatment. It just made me a bit depressed to think that I have to be treated so seriously. I was hoping he would say I could stop now. I am going to ask to have another scan after this round of chemo, the last one was done 6 months ago.

This weekend seems to be reasonably quiet (thank goodness)... have a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that it is six months since your last chemo! You have done so well through the miriad of events over the past year! We continue to trust for your complete healing.
As the actors would say, Break a leg!
I read A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (Notebook author) -it was so beautiful. Cry / smile chick stories.
Love from your Happy Mom!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP