Thursday, June 4, 2009

Eat Drink and be Married

I have always enjoyed Ecclesiastes ... To many people it seems depressing, he is pessimistic and says that all is futile. My interpretation is different. I think he is saying, life is not difficult to understand. We are trying to complicate life but actually it is not complicated. We spend our life fighting for things that are futile and somehow, miss the real meaning.

Ecc 8:15 So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun.

I think that when you have a serious illness, you realise this. As I have said before, we shouldn't have to wait till we get to that point to have to change our thinking. The reason I felt I should speak about this today, is partly due to the party we had on the weekend and partly due to seeing how many people aren't glad. It is a hard one, but hell, life is short, we should find any excuse to celebrate.

You will see that work is mentioned, I believe that we can get much joy for fufilling our purpose in life. My Grandfather always says that life is only about relationships (he is right) - so lets eat drink and be glad with them!

I still haven't got my pills, so I will reluctantly call them today to find out what is going on. James & Leo are sick and I am not far behind. Maybe its a sign (Now I am hoping)

James' view on the meaning of life : Eat, Drink and be Married! (I like that)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the true honour of wising your grandparents happy 60th wedding anniversary today - not sure I will EVER do that again in my life time. They have lived life to the full and still do. I asked Frank if he was as stiff as I was after dancing on Saturday and he answered 'No ways I am dancing fit' - how's that for an 82 year old ! Put me to shame !
LOl Davina

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP