Friday, July 24, 2009

Seasons in seasons

I tried to get my chemo tablets so that I could start a week earlier. But they only arrive next week anyway, so we will have to stick to the schedule. I am off to see the doctor on Wednesday for my FINAL check up. My left ear has been sore for a week now and the constant buzzing could make anyone feel mental. It feels a bit like when you have water in your ear. Never mind - in 2 weeks time I will be able to say "It is finished" The rest, I don't really care about.

My mother and my great grandmother have written books (oh & thx Mom 4 the pics of green valley) My mother's one was called "A Time for Everything" and my Great Grandmother wrote a book of poetry. (more about these later) The reason I am telling you this, is that recently, I have had (albeit annoying) song in my head "To everything (turn turn turn) There is a season (turn turn turn)" It has made me think of their books as well as were I am in my life.

This season is over ...I have realised that, I too have been through many seasons within seasons. I always felt that I was born in the Autumn of my life, I have now passed through the cold Winter and I am looking forward to Spring. What I am happy about is that my life now will be filled with new life. Also, in my last days, when my soul is in summer - I will have lazy days, drinking gin & tonic and watching the summer sunset!

Helen Steiner Rice also has written a poem called "Seasons of my Soul" here is an excerpt

I ask myself often ...
"What makes life this way,
Why is the song silenced
In the heart that was gay?"

And then, with God's help
It all becomes clear,
The "Soul" has its "Seasons"
Just the same as the year.
I, too, must pass through
Life's autumn of dying,
A desolate period
Of heart-hurt and crying.

Followed by winter
In whose frostbitten hand
My heart is as frozen
As the snow-covered land.

Yes, man too must pass
Through the seasons God sends,
Content in the knowledge
That everything ends...

I could actually write about this forever - but alas - I have normal chores and need to take Leo to school! Sign...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is beautful!
How we all wish we could have spared you the cold winter... but we have learnt so much through your going through the way you did.
Somehow when everything has been cleansed as it were through the winter cold, spring is so much more welcome, fresh, invigorating and fruitful.
Love
Mom

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP