Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catch up

Well another busy week has just flown by. I have been working long and hard on a tender and the coffee shop. I can't wait for the school holidays to begin! At least then we don't have to drive all over town. The other day I spent 3 hours in the car just picking up and dropping off. VERY tiring! I haven't had any seizures, although today I did have a bit of an eye flicker thing and had to lay down.

It is my birthday tomorrow - wow another year! I will say that with all I have been though I feel like I have aged enormously! 34 doesn't sound that old - but I feel it.

The coffee shop is moving well, my worry is that it will not be fast enough for our opening on the 15th. I am having a birthday / pre-opening get together on the 13th December. It will be an alfresco lunch @R40 per head, kids free. This is really just to test our POS and systems. Unfortunately I know that this time of year many people are away. If you are in town, pop in, just send me an email so that I can make sure of the numbers.

It is always scary embarking on an adventure like this one. I particularly have a fear of failure. BUT I managed to beat a lot last year so I am hoping and praying 2010 will be the same!
Luv d:)

3 comments:

CJP said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow - we will be thinking of you and hope you get to do all your favourite things to celebrate. Your life sounds as busy as ever. Holding thumbs and whatever else for the opening of the coffee shop - what are you calling it? LOL, CJx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dee! What a wonderful milestone - that hectic 33rd year is behind you.

It has been really busy, and you made all the difference to our submission. Thank you again!

Looking forward to 9 Dec onwards myself. Bit hectic till then.

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

I’m glad to see that you’re doing well and still blogging strong. I am just reviewing my blogroll (“Cancer Blogs”) at www.beingcancer.net in order to update, expand and upgrade its content and features. I have almost 700 blogs listed now, yours included. I have recently added a “Reviews” section on books, movies, and music. I plan to add some new features in this month. Also in the works is a book project covering the cancer blog community.
If you have not visited in a while, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer to your own blogroll. And like bloggers everywhere, I love receiving your comments and ideas.
I have your under Brain Cancer. If there is a more specific diagnosis, I will add it for readers.
Take care, Dennis

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP