Friday, March 19, 2010

Speaking to the masses!

Yesterday, I gave my first talk at 'The Grove' to a group of retired folk. (I did speak at my Grannies church last year as a thank you) Basically I told them about The Grove and how we built it and how my whole family was involved in some capacity. 'The Grove' has given us all some sort of work and income potential. This is significant considering how many people were falling over due to the economic crisis last year.

Then I told the group why we bought the farm.

As many of you many know, we bought the farm when I was diagnosed with the tumour. We did this for a few reasons, primarily to combine resources and to help me during the treatment. At the time there were many risks for me, survival being one of them. The kids would need to be taken care of. I wouldn't be able to work as I had and therefore finances were another issue.

So after the talk, one of the ladies asked if I thought I would still have done the coffee shop, farm thing should I not have been diagnosed. My reply - No. This shows me that God does work all things together for good to those that love Him. He has truly blessed me.

After the talk, a woman asked if I have given God glory for how He has worked in my life. (I felt that I have) She also said that she believes that He will use me. Another woman asked me if I would be willing to speak as a survivor to encourage cancer patients going through treatment. I said to her I am willing to help. I can feel that God is moving me in this direction.

See, God does work in mysterious ways!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP