Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Still need a name!

I am thinking of how to publish this book. I am pretty green in this area. If anyone has any advice PLEASE let me know! Also - I still can't decide on a name! nothing seems to stick!

Here is the prologue to my book! It describes what I now know is a complex partial seizure.

Prologue


Why can’t I speak? I think my blood sugar must be low. I should eat. What can I eat? What is food? My eyes are blinking very rapidly. I go to the bathroom. No-one must see me. I feel stupid. It will go away. I don’t know how to lock the door. I sit on the seat so that I won’t fall. If I have low blood sugar, I need to eat, so I look for food. I don’t know what food is. I grab the air freshener and try to spray it into my mouth, thinking it is food. (At least I will have a nice lavender-scented mouth.) Luckily I don’t know how to open it. I experience everything. I am thinking and trying to rationalise what is going on. Although my thinking of what I want to do is there, nothing around me makes sense.

I get tired. I lie on the floor. My eyes are sore and flicker; my head is pounding and the noise is intense. I worry about the baby in my belly. “Dear God please help. I want to get up. I don’t want to ask for help, I feel ashamed. I will just lie here. It will go away. What is happening?”

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP