Friday, November 5, 2010

A glass of wine

I am happily sitting here with a glass of wine (diluted of course) and I can slowly feel my muscles relaxing (including my eyes) Last week I had a glass of wine and passed out only 25% down the glass. I fell asleep for 10 hours, in my clothes, I didn't brush my teeth or wash my face. I couldn't believe how absolutely tired I was.

So now I have decided that after another busy week, I will do the same and already I can feel the effects. I have also realised that going off my meds for a few days didn't help my moods (had to go off for a bit from the vertigo) I do think I suffered from a bit of withdrawal. I definitely felt my crying come on faster than normal. I am on a lower dosage and today I got a bit worried because I felt like I was going to have a seizure. Poor James has a druggy for a wife! I suppose having wine is not a good thing when you feel an aura! Also I got hit with a headache - which ironically the wine helps with!

I have decided to start a support called "My Brain Matters" for all of us wondering out there in the dark! So all of you who have brain disease, helping someone with brain disease or want to help in anyway, please email me: deirdre@kohlerprojects.co.za

The purpose of the group would be to bring people together to share their knowledge and questions with fellow members. There isn't much help out there so lets try support each other, answer questions etc!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP