Sunday, May 22, 2011

Inspirational Talk

I have eaten too much and not exercised at all. So I can feel my butt turning to flab and my stomach expanding. Yes I think it is time to go to gym. Whenever I feel really tired it takes me back a couple of years ago and I have a harsh reminder of what being tired can mean.

On Friday I did a talk to the PE business women's club. It was a lovely morning. My granny joined me and it turned out so handy because she had brought books with, change for notes and even a money box! None of the things I had thought about! It just shows me what a good businesswomen she still is! It is amazing how little people still know about the brain and patients with brain tumours.

I would really like to do a road shop in SA and promote the brain tumour foundation BUT I can't find a sponsor. My thought is that I can do a few inspirational talks & book signings - so to all those out there, please let me know if there is someone who would benefit from the exposure and willing to pay for the roadshow! I think that many of the drug companies could support their patients in this way.

It has been really slow at the coffee shop so we may have to close and only open for functions booked. I must be honest I have no idea what to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the coffee shop. Wish i could just pop a cheque in your post box so you could do your road show !!

Deirdre Kohler said...

I wish you could too!! But sentiments appreciated :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Deirdre
Not sure exactly who in PE got me the book you autographed for me about a month ago (or maybe just longer than that) but it was given to me by my mom. Thank you for it!
I had my op on 19 May and have been told it is cancerous and I will be referred for treatment tomorrow I think (having my first follow up appt with the neurosurgeon tomorrow!).
If you came to JHB I would DEF try and make it
Happy you are well!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP