Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oncology Conference in South Africa Sun City

We have received sponsorship for printing of the Brain Tumour Foundation printing of the booklets and to attend the medical conference from the 24th August in Sun City. I am so excited. It will be a break from the normal as well as expose the foundation to the medical workers. I am considering doing a drive up and stopping in Bloem and JHB to visit the oncology centres and drop of some of the BTFSA booklets.

We are hoping that Denis Strangman (International Brain Tumour Alliance) will be able to join me and show me the ropes!  I am considering the following topics:
Denis:
1) "What brain tumour patients and their caregivers seek from their treating Doctors" (based on the results of the IBTA surveys);
(2) "The involvement of brain tumour patient advocates as partners in clinical trials and research"; and
(3) The role of cancer patient advocacy groups in the USA, Europe and Australia.

I do talks on
(1) corporate philosophy and wellness (does your business have a death drive?)
(2) personal journey of surviving a brain tumour.
(3) Needs of brain tumour patients and role of BTFSA (Brain Tumour Foundation)

If anyone wants to get hold of me to participate in some way on this "road show" (Like invite us to do a talk, arrange venue or accommodation etc) please let me know.

I have so much paper work that I don't know if I am coming or going! I just have to get things ticked off on my "To Do" list as soon as possible. But I am HAPPY that we can get things going!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP