Monday, June 27, 2011

So now what?

Well I may be jumping the gun but it looks like we have lost the deal to buy the house. Once again my ironic life steps in... James has put in an application at one of the universities in April but we still haven't heard anything. So I asked to him today, when he popped home, "Would you still consider moving if you get the job?" He answered "probably not we have too much going on and we are settled here". Literally 3 minutes later we get a call from the estate agent to say that the owners of the house signed a contract with another couple without even contacting us. The frustration was that we couldn't get bank approval till James university contract was processed. (He has been lecturing for "free" because the administration has been useless) We have been waiting for 5 months and granted the owner can't wait forever. The irony - the contracts came through on Friday last week. So, I asked James the question again 10 minutes later and the answer "I don't know anymore"

I struggle to understand what I am supposed to be doing with my life. It seems as though when I have a plan something seems to get in the way. I am having second thoughts about my coffee shop... I still hope that God will just send a little box from heaven with the answers! Sigh!!

Anyway, I just want to get the subdivision through for the farm (delays delays delays) and get the Brain Tumour Foundation off to a good start. Touch wood! The paperwork is just a pest...

I really don't want to get a house, rather a townhouse or flat because the maintenance is just a waste of time. I think I just need a place to rest.

James and I celebrate our wedding anniversary on Sunday and we are planning to visit the Grahamstown arts festival! Hopefully there some good shows on!

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP