Saturday, September 17, 2011

Language of humanity

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 



How can I explain to those who are able to speak what it is like not to? I can hear my words in my head, but they won’t come out. Am I no longer human, have a been reduced to being an animal? Although my body is capable, my brain will not allow it. I am still me, I just can’t tell you who that is.

God sent me on a journey to understand the meaning of life so that I might find the words that would be mine. He showed me how I can use these words for others. Yet he showed me that our words are not God’s words. Our words confuse us, our words are not to be trusted our language is used for self interest. Our words make rules, our words disempower. Our words are cruel and ignorant. We are made in His image, He breathed life into humanity and this breath sits on our tongue. I am here to say these things, to speak the words.

 I spoke at a women's breakfast on Friday and have spent much of my day today pondering what I said and if it was "good enough" I believe that there are things I said that still need to be refined, especially around the ethics and work. But I do know that when I speak about my story, it hits hearts. I can't say that I honestly think my story is amazing - because I don't think that it is. What i do believe is that I have been put in a position to talk about the things that have meaning and truth.

Why does God debilitate my writing, I have asked myself? Why does my language come out wrong? Why does it take me so long to write? I know why, it is in the complexity of the words that the message is lost. It is in the simplicity expressed out of of the complexities in my head that I can be heard.
I believe that we do have a common language of humanity. Many of us just can't speak it, although we understand it, it just gets stuck!  Like in my case where my brain didn't co-operate, perhaps the human soul is damaged. So perhaps in my life journey my path was meant to be muted in order to express the true utterances of the value in this life. Love, faith, hope and healing.
“If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.” Nelson Mandela

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP