Saturday, June 18, 2016

10 years on... 2016

It seems unreal... my past experiences ... I am quickly approaching my 10 year since diagnosis date. SO much has changed in me over the years. I turned 40 last year (something I don't feel totally thrilled about). I was very worried about my health, but that was entirely based on imaginary fears. I regularly check my brain holes and they definitely there, so its all good hahaha. (A hole is better than a lump type maths). Anastasia and Adam are technically adults now. Leo is 10 ... I am blessed to have survived to be his mom! (As strange a mom can be)

After 6 years I have started painting again. I have found corporate life very stressful and painting is (and has been) an effective way to relieve stress. I think it may be because I am a direct person, say it like it is person. Learning to be politically correct and passive aggressive is just not in my nature. I am having the first real break in 4 years, forcing myself not to jump to the next job, be a bit selfish, look after me. So, again, another change for me is looming,  this time of self awareness, authenticity in my purpose ... Maslow and all.

I am beginning to realise that we are just in a perpetual state of recreating ourselves,  mentally,  physically, spiritually and emotionally. Constantly being upgraded (I hope!) This change is scary and exciting.  It is what it is. I am not sure what it means or what will happen... more to come.

 

2 comments:

thedevilcorp said...

Good post.

Melissa Bignell said...

Yes there always comes a time for change and always good. we tend to forget ourselves and become slaves to the workforce. Funny thing is when you moving away to another town the first thing you are asked is do you have a job yet. No I don't and as you know a time to find yourself & spend time with family. May 2017 be a blessed year for you & your family.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP